Children’s Health2024-01-15T01:01:22+11:00

Children’s Health

Your family is in the safest of hands with Yarra Medical, experts in children’s health.

Yarra Medical provides a comprehensive range of children’s health services including childhood immunisations and health checks. Your children are in excellent hands with our GPs and referrals to specialists are available if needed

Many of our doctors have a particular interest in children’s health and have completed additional training. To see a list of our doctors and their interest areas see our staff page.

Childrens Consult Fees and Emergency Appoitnments

If you believe your child is unwell and requires and urgent appointment please call the clinic directly and request an emergency consult. Please provide as much information about your child’s condition so the receptionist can triage your child’s appointment appropriately. For a full list of consult fees, please see our fees page.

Childhood Immunisations

The doctors at Yarra Medical can provide all your child’s immunisations in accordance with the Victorian Immunisation Schedule. If your child has an underlying medical condition or is at increased risk of disease they may require additional immunisations.

Childhood vaccinations are given by our nurses from 10am to 3pm Monday to Friday. Please let reception know you require childhood vaccinations at the time of booking.

Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)

Yarra Medical is a fully computerised clinic and electronically will send all of your vaccinations at the clinic through to Medicare to be updated on your personal immunisation register. Our doctors can also advise you on any catch up vaccines that may be required.

Side Effects and Adverse Events

Side effects or adverse events following any immunisation can be reported to the Therapeutic Goods Administration by calling the Adverse Medicine Events Line on 1300 134 237 or lodging a report online at the TGA website via the ‘report a problem link’. You can also report adverse events to your doctor, hospital, health centre or to your state and territory health authority.